Private Ecotherapy Sessions
New to Ecotherapy? Receive free first session or 20 minute consult
I feel really lucky to have met Beverly. She is one of the most genuine heart-centered people I have ever met. At a time when I felt very disconnected from nature, which is generally my source of comfort and sanity, With gentle ecotherapy techniques we laughed, talked, danced and tapped in to Mother Earth. She taught me that I hadn't lost my connection, I had just lost sight of it, and more importantly that Mother Earth had never lost sight of that connection...it was there all along. Thank you Beverly.
- Jude C.
· Our wild is entirely interconnected with nature, and with each other as animals in that system. We are nature. We are meant to spend time to connect deeply and comfortably with the never-ending supply of creativity, the flow of cycles, to access the medical benefits* that are so readily available to us if we just give them our time, attention, and intention. Whether you are beginning to explore how nature can guide you, or looking for ways to expand your existing nature practice, personal sessions are a way to gift yourself with better health, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
About me as your guide:
· I am an Ecotherapist, specializing in somatic, body based ecotherapy. See the My Story tab to learn more.
You don't have to do this alone. Step into your optimal health with more energy and joy. Find support and clarity with nature as an ally and wise teacher. Address a specific need in your life, such as a life transition, stress, relationship challenges, depression/anxiety, loneliness, overwhelm about a decision, sadness due to world events or the state of the environment. Or journey into developing your own personal nature practice with the Nature as my Ally step by step program in 6-12 session packages.
Each session will begin with an earth- based meditation; exploring and practicing a deep, intentional nature-based exercise; time for reflection; creative integration; and a take home to practice and integrate into your lifestyle . We will explore the interconnectedness that is our natural state through somatics (sensory and movement), meditation (stillness & walking), and integration (expressive arts: writing, talking, drawing, or movement).
Learn new & ancient Nature oriented practices:
· My personally developed materials such as…. How to use the 5 part flow with individual guidance and support in creating a nature practice to change your life for the better, The levels of nature connection & understanding why intention is a practice, my core belief that falling in love with nature requires intention and practice in the same way as our the other relationships in our lives; how to be comfortable in the woods; a checklist of nature features to create your own personal sit spot; finding your edges and working with them; finding your personal style in nature; I will teach the new research in the health benefits of spending direct & regular time in nature.
· Ecotherapy practices such as… the ancient practice of medicine walks, creating with intention and then mirroring with each other in a council style circle. Nature as a support for transitional times in your life, and more.
· Expressive arts in nature such as….. creating a mandala or Andy Goldsworthy- style art using objects carefully chosen in our natural setting. Writing poetry to a tree, or from a nature ally to yourself, and more.
· Shinrin Yoku (Japanese Forest Bathing practices) such as… sensory walks focusing on one sense at a time… moving slowly, sharing in the ancient council style, and more.
· Mindfulness practices such as…..meditation in nature is opening us to include the wisdom of the nature around us. Thich Nhat Hahn’s pebble meditation and each creating a meditation sack together, and more.
· Movement and Voice practices such as…. authentic movement with nature, sounding for healing and connection with humming and toning.
· Ancient practices that bring out our primal nature such as… making fires, drumming, getting muddy, yelling freely!
Changes you can expect in your life through this program:
· You will develop a deep nature connection practice, learning skills and a personal program to take into your own life and develop positive life changes and better health with nature as your ally. When we commit our time and intention, powerful changes happen.
· We will heal. We will grow. This will ripple out to our families, our relationships, our workplaces, and ultimately to the world, like ripples from a pebble thrown into the water.
· Your health will improve. It may help you in dedicating this time, energy and intention on yourself, to research the health benefits, and I will teach about these in more depth. Being in nature has proven benefits of lowering stress hormones and blood pressure, increasing our immune and cancer fighting cells, lowering anxiety and depression, bringing a mental feeling of belonging and fulfillment, and much more. *See the research tab on my web site to explore the fascinating science behind this.
· You will integrate the practices you learn into your daily life. You will create a deck of cards along the way of this journey, writing up and illustrating the practices that you have learned in our time together that match your character and lifestyle, and you begin to practice integrating them into your everyday life, supported and nurtured by our group along the way. You will also create a pebble meditation sack and a living journal, supporting your personal practice beyond these few months.
Pricing and how to schedule a session:
Indoor sessions Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at my office in Charlottesville. Outdoor sessions are at Biscuit Run, Ivy Creek Natural Area, Ragged Mountain Natural Area, or one of the smaller parks in town. Mountain sessions are in the Blue Ridge Mountains at a location 30 minutes from town for 2.5 hour+ sessions.
Sessions run for 90 minutes at a local natural area, or 2.5+ hours in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Sessions are $100/hr.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free 20 minute consultation.
I often reflect on our time in the woods and still consider it one of the most profound experiences that I have ever had....in all sincerity, it was truly amazing!
*See research tab for exhilarating articles and videos of the medically proven benefits of spending time with nature.